This episode is an interview with Catherine Mayo, Resourcing Manager at Solicitors Regulatory Authority (c.640 staff).
Catherine has worked in a wide variety of industries from Construction, Engineering and Software right through to her current role working for a Regulatory Body.
Since joining the SRA in 2015, she has been heavily involved in their diversity and inclusivity efforts. These overall collaborative efforts led to the SRA recently being listed in the Stonewall 100 list of Top Employers who achieve acceptance without exception for all LGBT people.
In addition to D&I, we also discussed the following:
- How the last few years have seen a “seismic shift” in candidate expectations of employer brand and candidate experience.
- Building your diversity and inclusion strategies into your employer brand story and how the SRA managed to achieve a 50% increase in applications.
- How the SRA looks to build employee networks who represent and
- Advice Catherine would give to organisations starting out on their D&I journey and how to build stakeholder engagement.
- How the SRA has challenged itself to be braver and bolder on when telling their employer story.
- Engaging your employees and their networks to build an authentic social recruiting voice.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The SRA’s Company LinkedIn Page with over 53,000 followers: https://www.linkedin.com/company/solicitors-regulation-authority/
- Stonewall 100: https://www.stonewall.org.uk/full-list-top-100-employers-2020
- Malcolm Gladwell’s – Talking to strangers: https://www.amazon.com/Talking-Strangers-Should-about-People-ebook/dp/B07NDKVWZW
- Masaji Ishikawa’s – A river in darkness: https://www.amazon.com/River-Darkness-Escape-North-Korea-ebook/dp/B06XKRKFZL/
- Ocean Vuong’s – On earth we are briefly gorgeous: https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Were-Briefly-Gorgeous-Novel/dp/0525562028/
- Sarah Winman’s – When God was a rabbit: https://www.amazon.com/When-God-was-Rabbit-Bestseller-ebook/dp/B004MPRDZ4/